There was a total of 3500 km on the Gazelle odometer so it cost more than $1 per km - bummer!
However, every expensive cloud has it's silver lining. After researching ebikes, I bought a Dyson (no relation to the vacuum company) Hard Tail Mixte.
Here's the link here: https://www.dysonbikes.com.au/products/hard-tail-mixte.html. However, I upgraded to the 15 MA battery as I wanted the maximum range possible.
Here's why I chose the Dyson Hard Tail Mixte:
- I wanted to be able to keep pedaling over 27 km, and the Mixte has 9 gears, so I can do this easily. (In fact, I can get up to around 32 km/hr limited only by my legs!);
- I wanted to be able to do long distances, and I should be able to be around 100 km on this;
- I can ride it unpowered, even up hills (but not really steep hills!);
- The motor in the back makes it easier to handle than the Gazelle's motor on the front wheel;
- It has mountain bike tyres. (Actually I wasn't sure about these originally, but they are really wide and very stable, so I am more confident riding, especially on gravel.
- It's tyres are easily changed, unlike the Gazelle.
- It is more like my non-powered bike.
I LOVE IT!